Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jill Barber - Vocal Satisfaction

Just a quick post this evening. I've been in love with singer-songwriter Jill Barber and her amazing voice for a couple years now. Interestingly enough, I only had one of her songs that I'd ever heard but obsessed over the whole while, and still do. It's one of those jams you play on repeat and sing obnoxiously in your car clapping with your best emo-geek face on. I wonder if others find it as Flipping Awesome as I do. I really love this song.... Find it below.
Please enjoy her voice I may never know how to describe... it's almost Eartha-Kitt-meets-Dolly-Parton in sound and something prolific and perfect in lyrics. Now that I have finally downloaded more than one of her tunes, I see the complicated and thoughtful, articulate artist that she is, much led by emotion and her broken heart, but still practical and sensible. She's done lounge singer, she's done folkish country and even experimented with a sort of easter European sound in her song Measures & Scales and I appreciate all of it. I hope Jill approves of this message. :) Love you girl.

Jill Barber - Hard Line MP3


No comments:

Post a Comment